Posted: July 10, 2020
Hope you and your families are safe and well.
Our staff is busy preparing for the 20-21 season! As many have seen, there have been some huge moves to cancel volleyball at the collegiate level; including a major decision by Stanford regarding men’s volleyball and the Ivy league cancelling all fall sports for the 20-21 school year. Closer to home, last night the NWAC published guidance which has moved the volleyball season to February and has warned the schedules could still change depending on how things go with COVID through the fall. Even closer, the WIAA will be meeting on July 21st to make final decisions regarding fall sports; we hope to have more clarity following this meeting as well. Finally, the PSR Board of Directors has a meeting on July 22nd, and we expect to discuss current impacts based on the information we know preceding the meeting.
From the best we can gather, there are still up to 3 or 4 potential schedules for the high school volleyball season. Our staff is working on contingency plans for each option, and plan to present to you some tentative dates for discussion. There are so many different factors we are trying to balance as we create a schedule for next season. Thanks for your patience as we work in preparation, and wait for more information. This is certainly new territory for all of us.
We’d like to get together to discuss potential options with all of you. Please use this doodle survey to indicate your availability for a Zoom meeting the following week (July 26, 29 or 30). Please indicate every date/time you’d be available and we will pick the date/time which works for the majority. We will record the discussion and share it for those who are unable to attend.