Are you dedicated to improving the lives of children and families in your community and do you want to bring your lived experience, community connections, skills, and expertise to a worthy nonprofit? We encourage you to apply.
The Board Treasurer is an executive and voting member of the Board of Directors in a manner consistent with the bylaws. He/she is accountable to the Board for the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities outlined below
The treasurer, as other board members, has no authority to direct staff or take independent action on matters outside of the duties outlined unless given such authority by the Board
4-6 hours per month (board meetings, meetings with the Commissioner, committee meetings)
Term of Office
Three years with the possibility of renewal.
An understanding of, and experience with, good financial management and reporting practices
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required
- Proven bookkeeping/accounting skills
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an accurate accounts and records of all finances, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with the yearly budget, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Acts as a countersignature of checks and any applications for funds for PSR.
- Assists the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of financial reserves, and investment policies
- Attends all board meetings
- Communicates with the Commissioner, and the staff accountant
- Maintains organization of financial files
- Presents a financial report at the monthly Board Meetings
- Verifies that payroll and other liabilities are settled in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and presents it to the Board for review
- Ensures that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
- Meet with the external auditor, if needed, to identify any financial control and record keeping deficiencies
- The Treasurer reports to the Board of Directors
- Board Meetings are monthly at 7:00 pm. Meeting dates are agreed upon as a board
- Takes questions from the Board and alerts the board to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
- Verifies that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and up-to-date
- Verify that excess funds and reserves are properly held and invested
- Verify that donations are handled appropriately and accounted for
We sincerely appreciate your consideration to serve on the Board of Directors for Puget Sound Region, USA Volleyball. We are a friendly and talented group looking to welcome you to our Board.
To be considered please contact us at email@example.com