Thank you to everyone who attended the December meeting. During the meeting you were able to provide your thoughts directly to the staff regarding summer tryout period for Girls U15 and older. As a result of some of the comments, we sent out a Google Survey. We want to thank you all for participating in the survey. We know this has been a long-awaited decision and we wanted to get info to you.
THE SURVEY RESPONSE:
- The majority of the clubs voted to go to summer tryouts (32 out of 41 responded)
- Of the clubs who voted yes; they represent 70% of the teams playing in USAV sanctioned events in the region
- The majority of the clubs voted to keep the Letter of Commitment AND to have a waiting period for athletes to sign
- THE NEW waiting period will be 48-hours.
- Summer tryouts will occur for the 23-24 USAV season (Girls U15 and older only & Boys all ages)
- Girls U15 and older will be allowed to sign a Letter of Commitment OR participate in a tryout starting July 15th - July 31st
- Girls U15 and older tryout dead period starting August 1st until:
- Girls U15 and older will have a second round to sign a Letter of Commitment OR participate in a tryout starting November 19th NET 1000
- Girls U14 and younger will be allowed to sign a Letter of Commitment OR participate in a tryout starting October 28th NET 0800
- All ages of boys may sign a Letter of Commitment OR participate in a tryout starting July 15th
- PSR Letter of Commitment waiting period for all ages & genders = 48 hours
- All participants (players, coaches, administrators, etc) must have a current USAV membership to attend
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CLUBS
- We suggest your club contract be very specific with respect to:
- players who become injured any time after they sign your club contract;
- players who decide to quit any time after they sign your club contract; and
- players who wish to transfer to another club any time after they sign your club contract
Thank you all for your input!